Lead Character Artist
ABOUT ULTIMATE STUDIO
Ultimate Studio is a Melbourne based games studio on a mission to build remarkable long lasting games. To do this we want to bring passionate and talented people together, and give them the resources, time and space to focus on building games. We are currently looking for driven developers to join our experienced teams to help shape and build two high fidelity action PC games using Unreal Engine. Ultimate Studio is also a remote first workplace built on trust that caters for flexible working hours.
As the Lead Character Artist, you will have the opportunity to lead the creation of visually stunning and memorable characters for one of our upcoming PC titles. Working closely with the Art Director and the game team, you will contribute to the overall artistic vision and drive the character art production. This full-time role requires a deep understanding of character art techniques, a mastery of the latest tools and technologies, and the ability to achieve high fidelity and performant results. A self-driven and collaborative mindset is essential to champion the artistic vision while collaborating with both creative and technical stakeholders to deliver remarkable characters that captivate players.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to establish the overall visual direction for the characters.
- Design and create high-quality character art that aligns with the game design and effectively communicates character traits.
- Showcase character ideas, designs and concepts effectively.
- Create and modify character assets to support the rapid prototyping of experimental features.
- Collaborate with the animation team to ensure seamless integration of character assets.
- Ensure character art adheres to technical requirements and meets memory and performance guidelines.
- Work with the development team to correctly implement and showcase character assets in game.
- Partner with production to define scope, timelines, and deliverables for project milestones.
- Develop and refine best practices and workflows to achieve production goals and maintain high-quality standards in character art production.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional character art skills and a strong sense of aesthetics.
- Proficiency in character art creation using industry-standard tools and software.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or comparable game engines.
- Understanding of memory and performance limitations in relation to character art.
- Effective time and workload management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities and attention to detail to deliver high-quality results.
- Previous experience in a lead or senior character artist role is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV and examples of your work to email@example.com with the role you're applying for in the subject.